Sunday, October 2, 2016

Chrome effect powder

Do you remember my Banggood review post from here, when I mentioned that I ordered a chrome effect powder but maybe it got lost and I didn't received it, well, surprise, it finally arrived and today I am going to show you how it works. It became a big hit to use pigments with which you can achieve perfect mirror-like chrome effects, so I was very curious if the one provided by Banggood works the same way!




On the site you can find several colors from this Magic Mirror Chrome Effect Metallic Powder, but I choose the silver one to test it. The quantity of the chrome powder is 2g put in a small black bottle, which seems not much first, but thanks to the sponge tool that I got with it, application was easy and you can put exactly the needed amount and this way you save a lot of powder.

These kind of pigments work just on gel nails/UV nail polishes. You prepare your nails, add a layer of base coat, cure, than choose any color gel nails polish and apply in two coats if necessary (I used white from Cupio), cure and than with the help of the sponge or a silicone tool or even a glove apply with pressure and rub the powder in the sticky surface until it's perfectly smooth. Clean any excess product from around the nails using a nail brush and after it use a top coat and cure. Remove the stick layer and you have a shiny manicure. 





Now my opinion about the pigment, as you can see in the images I didn't obtained that mirror like effect that I wished, the nail surface has a lot of shimmers and a simple chrome effect that you can obtain with any regular shimmer nail polish. But all in all the powder looks good on the nails and it resists under just one layer of top coat. I have it on my nails from more than a week and it looks exactly like the first day I put it on.

Many of you already asked me if this pigment works on regular nail polish. As I mentioned before, unfortunately no. I tested for you ladies, by painting a black regular nail polish on a nail wheel and after a few minutes of drying I added the powder. Well, you can see the effect of it in the pictures on the right side. The left side is the powders effect on a dark UV nail polish without a top coat on it. Here the mirror effect is much stronger, but adding the top coat changes everything, the shimmer appears



If you like this product you can find it HERE and many other pretty colors and a lot of nail art products at reasonable prices. Just check the Banggood site.  

Did you ever used such kind of pigments? What is your experience with it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...